Best of IBS and KBIS 2017 Announced
Design & Construction Week 2017 took place in Orlando, Florida, from January 10-12, 2017, and comprised of the International Builders’ Show (IBS) and Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS). IBS took over 569,000 net square feet with more than 1,500 manufacturers and suppliers. Each show held its Best of Awards, and the results for 2017 are below.
Receiving over 400 entries in nine categories, the 2017 Best of IBS Awards were judged by 28 industry and media judges. This year’s Best in Show Winner was Aquarius Brands with its AquaBoy Pro II, a system that draws in and uses water vapor in the air to generate 2 to 5 gallons of water per day. Other winners are:
- Best Bath Product: Marble Attache by Daltile
- Best Energy Efficient Product: Intelli-Balance 100 by Panasonic Eco Solutions North America
- Best Green Building Product: The Greyter HOME by Greyter Water Systems
- Best Home Technology Product: Biorev 360 by Biorev, LLC
- Best Indoor Living Product: Brinks Home Security Array Deadbolt by Hampton Products International
- Best Kitchen Product: AquaBoy Pro II by Aquarius Brands (also Best in Show)
- Best Outdoor Living Product: OUTDECO Decorative Panels by OUTDECO USA LLC
- Best Window & Door Product: MultiGlide by Andersen Windows & Doors, Inc.
- Most Innovative Building Product: Regal Aluminum Railing with LED by Regal Ideas Inc.
The Best of KBIS 2017 award winners were announced in a ceremony at the NKBA Presents KBISNeXT Stage sponsored by HomeAdvisor. Two Best of KBIS 2017—GEOLUXE and the Copper Shower Company—were brands within the KBIS Discovery District, which featured brands and products new to KBIS. Award winners by category are:
- Best of Kitchen, Gold: GEOLUXE Natural Stone by GEOLUXE (also Best in Show)
- Best of Kitchen, Silver: The Galley Dresser by The Galley
- Best of Beth, Gold: NEOREST AC Dual Flush Toilet with Actilight by TOTO
- Best of Bath, Silver: The Copper Shower Kit by Copper Shower Company
Back in Orlando, Design and Construction Week 2018 will take place Jan. 9-11, 2018.