Corporate Sponsors Backing Conference
Hackensack, NJ A pair of leading industry cabinet manufacturers
have become the first two corporate co-sponsors for the 2002
“Managing for Profit” seminar series, the all-day educational
program co-produced by Kitchen & Bath Design News and the
National Kitchen & Bath Association.
Helping to underwrite the unique educational initiative and
making the program available to their dealer customers during 2002
will be Plain & Fancy Custom Cabinetry and Wellborn Cabinet
Inc., K&BDN publisher Eliot Sefrin announced last month.
“Managing for Profit,” which has met with highly favorable
response since its debut in 1999, is entering its fourth year, and
will include major metropolitan markets in the Northeast, Midwest,
Mid-Atlantic, Southeast and Southwest.
The Ashland, AL-based Wellborn Cabinet will co-sponsor all five
programs scheduled for 2002; the Schaefferstown, PA-based Plain
& Fancy will co-sponsor four. Additional corporate co-sponsors
are expected to be announced in the near future.
“We’re delighted to be working with innovative, visionary
industry leaders like Plain & Fancy and Wellborn to bring this
program to the kitchen and bath industry,” Sefrin commented.
“Owners and managers of kitchen and bath dealerships have a genuine
need for practical, in-depth education in areas like business
management, sales and marketing in order to thrive in a
fast-changing and increasingly competitive industry,” he added.
“Companies like Plain & Fancy and Wellborn understand that
by helping their customers become more effective and profitable,
everyone benefits. These companies are to be applauded for their
commitment to education and their understanding of the needs of
dealers in the kitchen and bath industry.”
This year’s “Managing for Profit” programs will address topics
in business management, sales and marketing. Among them:
- Using Key Financial Management Tools.
- Effective Cash Flow Management.
- Controlling Your Operating Costs.
- Establishing Product Mix & Client Identity.
- Buying Strategies.
- Negotiating Display Programs, Discounts, Rebates, Payment Terms
& Co-op Programs.
- Using Lines of Credit.
- Job Costing.
- Setting & Improving Selling Margins.
- Establishing a ‘Unique Selling Advantage.’
- Developing an Integrated Marketing Program.
- Generating More Referrals.
- Industry Profit Benchmarks (Measuring How Your Company is
Also included within the programs will be a special presentation
by Better Homes and Gardens magazine on consumer ‘hot buttons’
including colors, styles, products and applications and how to
effectively capitalize on homeowner leads.
Programs are scheduled for the following dates and locations.
- Northeast Region (Metro New York), April 25, Tarrytown Hilton,
- Mid-Atlantic Region (Metro Washington, DC/Baltimore), May 30,
Embassy Suites at BWI Airport.
- Midwest Region (Metro Chicago), June 20, Embassy Suites
- Southeast Region, (Metro Atlanta), Sept. 19.
- Southwest Region, (Metro San Francisco), Oct. 17.
Specific locations for the Chicago, Atlanta and San Francisco
sessions will be announced by K&BDN and the NKBA in the near
NKBA members can register for any seminar for $100; non-members
are charged $175; sponsors’ customers and guests are admitted free
of charge. “Managing for Profit” attendees also qualify for ongoing
professional development credits (OPD) and continuing educational
Additional information can be obtained from K&BDN at (201)
487-7800, or the NKBA at (800) 843-6522.