Home Builders’ 9/11 Relief Fund Nets Nearly $10M

by WOHe

Home Builders’ 9/11 Relief Fund Nets Nearly
$10M 

Washington, DC The Home Builders Care Victims’ Relief Fund has
closed its books after distributing almost $10 million donated by
the nation’s home building industry to victims of the Sept. 11
terrorist attacks on America, the National Association of Home
Builders announced last month.

“The nation’s housing industry responded generously to help the
victims of last year’s tragic events,” said Robert Mitchell,
chairman of the effort.

“Ultimately, the fund collected almost twice its original goal,
and I’m proud to report that all of the donations went to people in
need of assistance. None of the money was used for administrative
expenses,” he added.

Shortly after the Sept. 11 attacks, the Home Builders Care
Victims’ Relief Fund was established by NAHB with the assistance of
its philanthropic arm, the National Housing Endowment. To provide
seed money for the fund, the Washington, DC-based NAHB pledged
$250,000, its employees donated $60,000 that had been set aside for
staff incentives, and the National Housing Endowment contributed
$125,000.

Within five months, the fund had received close to $10 million
from more than 5,000 members of the home building industry,
including state and local builders associations throughout the
country. In addition, a number of the nation’s high-production home
builders each pledged to contribute $1 million to the fund, and
several others contributed $100,000 or more, the NAHB said..
 

Related Posts

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More