GQ All-time Recommend Rate: 100
GQ 2019 Recommend Rate: 100
Number of Jobs in 2019: 37
Type of Firm: Metal Roofing
CEO: Timothy McCarthy
The COVID-19 pandemic changed homeowner interactions. What measures do you use to signal an extra level of care when working in or around a client’s home?
We use the following at work and the home:
Conditions to return to work:
- Report exposure: Each worker will report if they have been exposed to corona virus and any symptoms immediately.
- Pre-Screening temperatures.
- Sales employee’s temperature will be taken daily and reported before running leads.
- Call center employees will have their temperatures taken at the beginning of their shift if working at the office.
- Installation crews shall have their temperature taken each morning
- Self-Monitoring: Those employees working in private offices should self-monitor.
- Wear a Mask: If an employee has been exposed to the corona-virus, the employee should always wear a face mask while in the workplace for 14 days after last exposure.
- Face masks: Employers can issue face masks or can approve employees’ supplied cloth face coverings in the event of shortages.
- Social Distance: The employee should maintain 6 feet and practice social distancing as work duties permit in the workplace
- Disinfect and Clean work spaces: Clean and disinfect all areas such as offices, bathrooms, common areas, shared electronic equipment routinely.
- Symptoms at work: If the employee becomes sick during the day, they should be sent home immediately. Surfaces in their workspace should be cleaned and disinfected. Information on persons who had contact with the ill employee during the time the employee had symptoms and 2 days prior to symptoms should be compiled. Others at the facility with close contact within 6 feet of the employee during this time would be considered exposed.
- Sharing equipment: Employees should not share headsets or other objects that are near mouth or nose.
- Increased cleaning: Employees should increase the frequency of cleaning commonly touched surfaces.
- Air exchanges: If you have a window or door that can be opened to let fresh air in, do so, weather permitting.
- Breaks and lunches: Employees should physically distance when they take breaks together. Stagger breaks and do not congregate together.
Seamless communication technology is now both necessary and expected. How have you used new technology platforms to promote better customer communication and satisfaction?
We are using Skype and Zoom as a pre-meeting to appointments. We still need to get into the home to evaluate the attic and ventilation. That cannot be done through a virtual meeting.
What was your message to clients with projects in progress in order to keep them happy and satisfied during the uncertainty of the stay-at-home period?
We posted the below on our website:
To McCarthy Metal Roofing Customers:
We want to thank you for your business with McCarthy Metal Roofing. And we want you to know that your health and well-being along with the health of our employees and our community is our top priority.
We are approaching the Corona-virus situation with an abundance of caution and we are closely monitoring the evolving developments.
McCarthy Metal Roofing is currently open for business and our team has been implementing new policies, procedures and preventive measures to minimize risks – including:
- Providing awareness materials for all employees to train in protection measures
- Screening our sales representatives daily for any sign of illness
- Sanitizing our samples after each presentation
- Having employees work from home if they, or any one in their household, show any symptoms.
Practicing proper respiratory etiquette, proper hand hygiene and not invading your personal space. [As a result, don’t be offended if our sales rep does not shake your hand at your appointment!]
Additionally, we will continue to follow guidance from local authorities regarding further developments. Your peace of mind is of utmost importance to us and we hope this better informs you of the additional measures we have put in place with the safety of customers and employees in mind.
The team at McCarthy Metal Roofing