Microsoft, the American technology giant, has started rolling out new features for the Windows 11 interface. The initial announcement was made October 12, 2022, and the update is now available for any eligible systems running the Windows 11 2022 Update. The update will be available to additional users in November 2022. The update has been in preview since July 2022.
Among the new features for Windows 11 include a tabbed file Explorer and improved Favorites, as well as suggested actions, and taskbar overflow.
- File Explorer now lets users open folders in tabs in order to keep fewer windows floating around. The updated favorites section allows users to pin their most used files.
- Windows 11 allows for improved collaboration and productivity by detecting phone numbers or dates in text, and suggesting actions in related apps.
- Apps that do not fit in the Taskbar now appear in a new overflow menu. Users can also now right-click the taskbar to launch the Task Manager.
- To make file sharing easier, Windows 11 enhances the Windows share experience so users can simply share files with more devices nearby directly from the desktop, File Explorer, Photos, Snipping Tool, Xbox and other apps.
- The Photos app on Windows 11 has been teased but details have not been released.